This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.6479 / 53°38'52"N
Longitude: -1.0323 / 1°1'56"W
OS Eastings: 464065
OS Northings: 417254
OS Grid: SE640172
Mapcode National: GBR PV78.92
Mapcode Global: WHFDP.3KPT
Entry Name: Barn Immediately to East of Marsh Hills Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1151560
English Heritage Legacy ID: 334667
Location: Sykehouse, Doncaster, DN14
Civil Parish: Sykehouse
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sykehouse Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SYKEHOUSE SYKEHOUSE ROAD
SE 61 NW
2/90 Barn immediately
to east of
Marsh Hills Farmhouse
Barn. Dated 'R E / 1703'. Rubble stone plinth to red brick in English
garden wall bond, pantile roof. Low, 2 storeys, 5 bays. Rubble and brick
plinth. Central C20 boarded doors beneath segmental arch with chamfered
ashlar keystone bearing date and initials. 2 rows of slit vents and a
decorative lozenge-shaped vent over the doors. A boarded hatch set beneath
the eaves on each side. Dentilled eaves course. Rear: central door beneath
wooden lintel and flat brick arch in shallow projection under catslide roof.
Interior: re-roofed with pattern-book king-post trusses. Fishlake parish
registers record the marriage of Richard learson to Elizabeth Hudson in 1690
and of Richard Peck to an Elizabeth in 1698; one of these couples may
therefore be the builders of this barn and a former occupant of Marsh Hills
South Yorkshire County Ancient Monuments and Site Record, Sheffield, Primary
Index No 2175.
Listing NGR: SE6406517254
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings