This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9482 / 50°56'53"N
Longitude: -2.5108 / 2°30'38"W
OS Eastings: 364212
OS Northings: 116656
OS Grid: ST642166
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NFPV
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.PNS
Entry Name: Eastbury House Carriage Entrance to East and Garden Wall to West.
Listing Date: 28 November 1950
Last Amended: 4 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152483
English Heritage Legacy ID: 104033
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Built-Up Area: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(North-West Side) )
ST 6416 2/143 28.11.50. Eastbury House
(Formerly listed as
entrance to east and,
garden wall to west.
Irregularly shaped house, probably of about 1700 origin with additions
and alterations of various dates. 2 storey 5 window roughcast front to
road is late C18 with stone plinth and chamfered quoins. Stone slate roof,
gable ends with stone parapet copings. Stone doorway with Tuscan half-round
pilasters, entablature. Door opening round-headed with fanlight. On right
hand is carriage entrance with stone gate piers with moulded caps. Interior
has re-set C17 stone fireplace. High stone garden wall with rubble capping
to west of Eastbury House extends round corner to St Swithin's Road and
then turns northward up St Swithin's Road as far as St Swithin's Close.
The Red House, Grey Lodge, Forecourt walls and railings to The Red House,
The White Cottage, Wall railings and gate to The White Cottage, Eastbury
House, including carriage entrance to east and garden wall to west, Elizabeth
House, Bracondale, Nos 1 and 2 Cedar Cottages, The Cedars, Garden wall
adjoining The Cedars on the west side, Corby House, Mason Gill, Glenville
and Long Street Post Office form a group.
Listing NGR: ST6421216656
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings