This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9471 / 50°56'49"N
Longitude: -2.5143 / 2°30'51"W
OS Eastings: 363967
OS Northings: 116537
OS Grid: ST639165
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NLTJ
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.VP2
Entry Name: Premises Occupied by the National Westminster Bank
Listing Date: 28 November 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152510
English Heritage Legacy ID: 104047
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Built-Up Area: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
Premises occupied by
ST 6316 1/152 28.11.50.
This building and Old Bank House (adjoining on left hand) originally one
block of C16 to early C17 structure; the frontage to both is in early C19
Gothic-Revival style. Stucco front with 3 layers of stucco front with
pebble-dash plinth and pierced parapet with Gothic arcading. On first
floor, small window of 2-lights and four-centred heads. Right hand ground
floor window later; of 5-lights in 3 tiers; hoodmould over. Doorway has
4-centred moulded arch with carving in spandrels and hoodmould. Recesses
for scrapers. A stone mullioned window at the back appears to be part
of the original ancient structure.
Premises occupied by Mr Pearson, Rose Cottage, former Castle Hotel, The
Bank House, premises occupied by The National Westminster Bank, Old Bank
House, and Abbot's Litten form a group with the timber framed structure
to the rear of No 87 Cheap Street.
Listing NGR: ST6396716537
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings