This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8639 / 52°51'49"N
Longitude: 0.5112 / 0°30'40"E
OS Eastings: 569146
OS Northings: 332551
OS Grid: TF691325
Mapcode National: GBR P3V.J2J
Mapcode Global: WHKPT.T8MT
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 8 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153035
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221406
Location: Ingoldisthorpe, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE31
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Ingoldisthorpe
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Ingoldisthorpe St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF63 SE INGOLDISTHORPE SHERNBORNE ROAD (south)
4/21 The Old Rectory.
Former Rectory House, now divided into 4 separate dwellings. 1856-1858 by
G.E. Pritchett, architect of Bishop's Stortford, for the Rev. William Philip
Beckett, vicar, who also restored the church (q.v.) and built the school.
Cost £2,000. Coursed, dressed carstone with freestone dressings, slated
roofs. 2 storeys with attics, double pile plan. High Victorian Gothic.
Entrance front to north of 6 bays, ground floor with 3 2-light and one 3-light
casement cross windows. At west one 2 leaf French door. 6 first floor case-
ment cross windows, all openings with freestone rusticated dressings. Off-
centre wooden porch, stone plinth, arched centre, 2 side panels, much internal
wooden bracing, barge board gable and slated roof. 2 leaf partly glazed Gothic
arched-headed door. Attic with 2 2-light casement dormers with barge boarded
gabled roofs. Roof hipped at east only, with one ridge stack, verged at west
with single end gable stack springing from corbelled out first floor arch
on return. Garden front of 4 bays has 3 ground floor 2-light casement cross
windows and one 2 leaf French door, 4 first floor 2-light casement cross
windows. Contemporary conservatory at right angles at east with hipped 5-
sided gable to south. Roof hipped at east with one eaves level stack and
2 ridge stacks, 2 2-light dormers with barge board gables. West return has
single ground floor dressed stone and slated 5-light canted sided bow window.
Single storey stable and service wing attached at east is not of special
Listing NGR: TF6914632551
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings