This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7896 / 51°47'22"N
Longitude: -1.7779 / 1°46'40"W
OS Eastings: 415413
OS Northings: 210132
OS Grid: SP154101
Mapcode National: GBR 4RK.MBV
Mapcode Global: VHB2G.48FX
Entry Name: The Barracks
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1154283
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130448
Location: Aldsworth, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Aldsworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Aldsworth St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ALDSWORTH ALDSWORTH VILLAGE
11/12 The Barracks
(formerly listed as No 39, No 40 and
23.1.52 No 41)
Formerly one house divided into 3 during C19, now 2. Mid C17-early
C18. Limestone rubble, large roughly dressed limestone quoins
concrete tile roof. Ashlar stacks. Rectangular plan with central
stairs projection at rear. Two-storey four-windowed facade lit by
3 and 4-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casements with
stopped hoods. Attic lit by four C20 two-light hipped roof
dormers. Three plank doors within flat-chamfered dressed stone
surrounds (two right-hand doorways probably inserted C19).
Projecting twin gable-end stacks and axial stack.
Interior; three Tudor-arched fireplaces. Two open fireplaces with
bressumer beams. Possibly original wood spiral staircase.
Parallel spine beams. Reputed to have been a barracks during the
Listing NGR: SP1541310132
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings