This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.9655 / 50°57'55"N
Longitude: -2.5756 / 2°34'32"W
OS Eastings: 359676
OS Northings: 118606
OS Grid: ST596186
Mapcode National: GBR MR.MH98
Mapcode Global: FRA 56HK.GD7
Entry Name: Flamberts
Listing Date: 11 July 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1154391
English Heritage Legacy ID: 105732
Location: Trent, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Trent
Built-Up Area: Trent
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Trent St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 5818-5918 RIGG LANE (west side)
Detached house. C16 north part and north-east range. Extended in 1658
to south by Anthony Gundry (datestone an S.E. wing with A.G. 1658). Coursed
rubble-stone walls with dressed stone for door and windows. Clay-tile roofs,
with stone gable-copings. Ashlar stone stacks with projecting cornices at
left hand gable, ridge centre, backing onto door passage, and on the two
front gables, 2 storeys and attics. 3 windows to front range, of 2, 2, and
4 lights, with ovolo-moulded stone mullions with separate labels. C20 metal
casements with lead lights. The flanking ranges each have 4-light mullions.
Front doorway, at centre, has moulded jambs and depressed-arch in a square
head with a label. Door is plank and studded with strap-hinges, C17.
Labels over all openings. South gable end has 2 small windows with
triangular heads and moulded cornices, to ground and first floor. West
(rear) elevation, 2 storeys. 6 windows of 2, 3 and 4 lights with ovolo-
moulded stone mullions and separate returned labels. Reset doorway has
moulded jambs and depressed-arch in square head. Label over. Plank door,
studded. Interior: Drawing room has a late C16 ceiling divided by moulded
and plastered beams into 6 bays. Each bay has ribs forming a geometrical
design with foliage sprays and centre-pieces. C17 panelling, reset.
Room in north-east wing has a plaster ceiling of about the same date, with
a lozenge-design of ribs with floral and foliage sprays at the angles.
The plaster frieze has a continuous design of conventional flowers and
a length with vine scroll. Some C17 panelling. The south end of the
Dining Room is a late C17 container or rack for bacon, the wide fireplace
has been opened out. First floor has two fireplaces with depressed-arch
heads. Above one of them is a plaster panel with conventional enrichment.
(RCHM, Dorset I, p 259(9)).
Listing NGR: ST5967618606
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.
Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings