This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7582 / 51°45'29"N
Longitude: -1.8329 / 1°49'58"W
OS Eastings: 411626
OS Northings: 206630
OS Grid: SP116066
Mapcode National: GBR 3QJ.RDV
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.52VG
Entry Name: 15 the Street
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1154921
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127259
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 02/07/2015
THE STREET (east side)
(Formerly listed as No 15 and The Copper Kettle A433, previously listed as Cottage immediately North West of Almshouses and occupied by D.C. Portlock)
House and shop. Mainly early C19; probably rebuilding
incorporating C17 or C18 structure. Random rubble limestone;
brick and artificial stone chimneys; stone slate roof. Two-
storey; parallel rear outbuildings. Front: 3-window
fenestration, 2 shop windows with timber lintels to right and iron
casement to ground floor alternating with doorways having timber
lintels and rectangular lights above doors. Four-pane upper floor
sashes. Two ridge-mounted chimneys. North end: indications in
masonry of former steeper roof pitch. South end: single iron
casement with timber lintel to upper floor; flat-roofed shop
addition linked to rear outbuildings. Interior not inspected.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SP1162606630
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings