This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5541 / 51°33'14"N
Longitude: -2.2837 / 2°17'1"W
OS Eastings: 380425
OS Northings: 183945
OS Grid: ST804839
Mapcode National: GBR 0NG.KFW
Mapcode Global: VH95W.C6KH
Entry Name: Park Keepers House, and Workshop Wing to East
Listing Date: 10 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155297
English Heritage Legacy ID: 34243
Location: Badminton, South Gloucestershire, GL9
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Badminton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Badminton St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BADMINTON C.P. BADMINTON PARK
ST 88 SW
7/34 Park Keeper's House, and workshop
wing to east alternatively known as
- II *
Park keeper's house. Circa 1750, probably by Thomas Wright of Durham.
Rendered; thatched roof with Cotswold stone slates underneath, overhanging
eaves at the gables with scalloped bargeboards; ashlar stacks. Rustic cottage.
Single storey and attics. 3 bays: 3- and 2-light casement windows with diamond
pattern glazing; the central one is a C19 1-3-1 light canted bay. Projecting
thatched pentice supported on tree trunks to north elevation with inset seat
under thatched gable at west end; scalloped bargeboard. Plank door under
pentice. Single storey workshop wing to the east.
Listing NGR: ST8042583945
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings