This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9296 / 51°55'46"N
Longitude: -1.6732 / 1°40'23"W
OS Eastings: 422564
OS Northings: 225730
OS Grid: SP225257
Mapcode National: GBR 5R8.XG2
Mapcode Global: VHBZ5.YR9M
Entry Name: The Old Plough
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 30 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155394
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130308
Location: Oddington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Oddington
Built-Up Area: Upper Oddington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Oddington Holy Ascension
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ODDINGTON UPPER ODDINGTON
10/195 The Old Plough (formerly listed
as Plough House)
House and attached cottage. The Old Plough, late C17-early C18
possibly in 2 phases. Plough Cottage converted from outbuildings
C20 attached at rear, not of special interest. Coursed, squared
and dressed limestone, stone slate roof, ashlar stacks. The Old
Plough; 2 storeys and attic lit by 2 and 3-light roof dormers. 4-
windowed facade lit by 2 and 3-light double-chamfered, stone-
mullioned casements with stopped hoods and leaded panes. Two C19
plank doors with strap hinges, one studded. Left-hand door in
segmental-headed surround. Large sandstone scratch sundial dated
1774 in Roman numerals, brought from the former rectory at
Adlestrop during c1930. Gable-end and axial stacks.
Interior; spine beam.
Listing NGR: SP2256425730
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings