History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

King's Head House

A Grade II Listed Building in Northleach, Gloucestershire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 51.8308 / 51°49'50"N

Longitude: -1.8379 / 1°50'16"W

OS Eastings: 411268

OS Northings: 214697

OS Grid: SP112146

Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.45D

Mapcode Global: VHB27.377V

Entry Name: King's Head House

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1155600

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130586

Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington

Built-Up Area: Northleach

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

SP 1114
EASTINGTON (north side)
8/149 King's Head House

House in row. C16 with probably C18 and C19 extensions at right
angles rear. Main body; large roughly coursed and dressed
limestone blocks to ground floor, flat-chamfered stone plinth. Far
right-hand bay rebuilt in brick, plinth to this bay repaired in
brick. Jettied first floor with close-studded timber framing with
plastered infill, stone slate roof, stone stack repaired in stone
C20. Four-windowed facade, all 2-light metal casements with leaded
panes to first floor. Two 12-pane sashes and a late C19-early C20
four-light casement with central stone mullion and moulded surround
to ground floor. C20 plank door with fillets within flat-chamfered
surround with roughly carved cross on lintel off centre left. C20
door with fillets left of right-hand window (probably inserted at
time right-hand bay was rebuilt in brick) off centre right. Four-
light wood casement left with central flat-chamfered stone mullion
with moulded surround between the two doors. Projecting strings
to gables of extensions at rear possibly former pigeon landings.
Stacks at gable ends.
Interior; through passage on line of left-hand door. Wide flat-
chamfered Tudor-arched surround to former rear entrance (now
opening into later extension). Flat-chamfered intersecting beams.
Open fireplace with bressumer beam. House formerly formed part of
the King's Head Inn.

Listing NGR: SP1126814697

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.