This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.1666 / 55°9'59"N
Longitude: -1.6871 / 1°41'13"W
OS Eastings: 420031
OS Northings: 585850
OS Grid: NZ200858
Mapcode National: GBR J8NP.KQ
Mapcode Global: WHC2R.1DWL
Entry Name: The Old Bridge and Footbridge
Listing Date: 11 August 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155666
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238708
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61
Civil Parish: Morpeth
Built-Up Area: Morpeth
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Morpeth
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
MORPETH CHANTRY PLACE
25/223 The Old Bridge
Footbridge. Central pier and abutments C13. The rest erected by public
subscription in 1869 and built by Swinney Bros., Morpeth. Dressed stone and
Of the C13 bridge only one pier with triangular cutwaters remain.
Footbridge supported on flat girders. Railings with 4 rails and widely-spaced
standards; round knobs at intersections.
Above central pier railings with square bars and arched top rail. Cast-iron
oval panel with inscription. Above this central section a contemporary lamp
standard on 4 tall curved stanchions with scrolled decoration.
Listing NGR: NZ2003285849
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings