This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3234 / 51°19'24"N
Longitude: -1.0497 / 1°2'59"W
OS Eastings: 466312
OS Northings: 158688
OS Grid: SU663586
Mapcode National: GBR B5R.ZB3
Mapcode Global: VHCZW.RZDT
Entry Name: Bull Down Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 April 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1156638
English Heritage Legacy ID: 138501
Location: Bramley, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG26
District: Basingstoke and Deane
Civil Parish: Bramley
Built-Up Area: Bramley
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Bramley St James
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 65 NE BRAMLEY BRAMLEY GREEN
26.4.57 Bull Down Farmhouse
C17. A symmetrical front (east) of 2 storeys and attic, 1:1:1 windows. Tile roof; triple flues on rectangular bases at the top of plain stacks. There is a smaller gable above the projecting centrepiece, containing a brick-moulded oval opening with a window, and with brick moulded (cavetto above arch) verge; at each side the wider taller gables have the same verge; and enclose plain window openings. Walling is in red brickwork, Flemish bond, with a deep moulded brick cornice , the plain fascia of its lower unit merging with the raised brick architraves of the windows (with rubbed flat arches), and with pilasters at each side and the sides of the centrepiece (set in from the corners and with moulded caps), a 1st floor band passing round the pilasters and merging with the architraves to the ground-floor windows, high moulded plinth. On the cheeks to the centrepiece and outside the first floor windows are oval frames with
moulded brick edges; the doorway is plain. Mullion and transome wood casements; old door. The north elevation has 2 massive stacks centred on the 2 gables, with a window on each side, repeating the detail of the main front; 3 windows have been filled with brickwork (including 2 bricks incised A + M 1800 and M + M 1800). The South side of the main front has a lower 2 storeyed extension with tile roof, brick walls in English bond, and casements. The rear (west) elevation has several faces, with later changes, the main feature being the exposure of timber framing (of an earlier date) to the 2 north side gables. Staircase within of the main period.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings