This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4621 / 51°27'43"N
Longitude: -2.3239 / 2°19'26"W
OS Eastings: 377594
OS Northings: 173726
OS Grid: ST775737
Mapcode National: GBR 0PL.798
Mapcode Global: VH967.NJT1
Entry Name: 119 and 121, High Street
Listing Date: 17 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157015
English Heritage Legacy ID: 34559
Location: Marshfield, South Gloucestershire, SN14
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Marshfield
Built-Up Area: Marshfield
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Marshfield
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
MARSHFIELD C.P. HIGH STREET (south side)
13/146 Nos. l19 and 121
Pair of houses in the village street. Early - mid C18. Ashlar; Cotswold stone
slate roof with coped raised verges; moulded eaves cornice; ashlar stacks.
2 storeys, cellars and attics in 3 hipped dormers, formerly with ball finials.
6 bays and French rusticated end pilasters with continuous moulded string over
ground floor. 12-pane thick glazing bar sash windows in moulded architraves.
6 panel doors to left: No. 119 has a moulded architrave and is under a pediment
on brackets; No. 121 has an overlight and is under a flat stone hood on
brackets. Long 2 storey rear wing to the rear of No. 119: slate roof; two
2-light casement windows with moulded mullions and surrounds; possibly a former
malthouse. Plain local examples of provincial baroque.
Listing NGR: ST7759473726
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings