This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1308 / 52°7'50"N
Longitude: -3.1076 / 3°6'27"W
OS Eastings: 324282
OS Northings: 248635
OS Grid: SO242486
Mapcode National: GBR F1.7ZRZ
Mapcode Global: VH77M.3P0W
Entry Name: Barn and Granary Adjoining the Wern Farmhouse to the South-East
Listing Date: 31 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157286
English Heritage Legacy ID: 150579
Location: Brilley, County of Herefordshire, HR3
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Brilley
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Brilley with Michaelchurch
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
BRILLEY CP -
SO 24 NW
4/26 Barn and granary
adjoining The Wern
Farmhouse to the
Barn and granary. Dated 1792. Part rubble, part timber-framed and
weather boarded with corrugated metal roof. Barn of four bays aligned north/
south with wagon bay and opposed cart entries with double doors situated in
third bay from south end. Ventilation slits in rubble wall. Date "1792"
carved on lintel above west doorway. There is a rubble lean-to on the west
side. Interior: wall-framing has large rectangular panels with long straight
braces across the lower corners. There is a collar and tie-beam truss with
struts at the south end and intermediate tie-beam trusses with two pairs of
raking struts; two tiers of trenched purlins. The granary adjoins the north
end and is of two levels and two bays. The lower level is a cart store and
is open at the north end. The granary is approached by an external rubble
staircase on the west side. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SO2428248635
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings