This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3549 / 54°21'17"N
Longitude: -3.1877 / 3°11'15"W
OS Eastings: 322904
OS Northings: 496137
OS Grid: SD229961
Mapcode National: GBR 6L52.NN
Mapcode Global: WH71C.0S9T
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 25 March 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158413
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75855
Location: Dunnerdale-with-Seathwaite, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA20
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Dunnerdale-with-Seathwaite
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Broughton-in-Furness St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
DUNNERDALE AND SEATHWAITE SEATHWAITE
SD 29 NW
Church of Holy Trinity
Church. 1874. Money given by H.W. Schneider. Coursed slate rubble with
slate roof. Single vessel nave and chancel with north organ loft and vestry.
South elevation has 4 plain unchamfered lancet windows, with wide buttress
between nave and chancel. Gabled porch has pointed arch and angle buttresses;
flat rough stone attached, now with sundial, used at one time as shearing stool
by Rev Robert Walker, for 67 years curate, made famous by Wordsworth as
'Wonderful Walker'. North elevation has 3 lancets to nave, gabled organ loft
and flat-roofed vestry with coping. West end has 2 lancets and gabled
outhouse with pointed entrance and gabled bellcote. East end has 3 stepped
lancets, vestry entrance and leaded casement. Interior is simple, scissor
rafter roof with ashlaring, double-chamfered chancel arch. Georgian royal
arms. Holy water stoup set in wall. Chancel has arch to organ loft and ten
commandments painted on wall; some stained glass. Brass plate re-set from
grave stone, records Rev R. Walker (died 1802) and his wife , Anne (died 1800).
Listing NGR: SD2290496137
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings