This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.014 / 53°0'50"N
Longitude: -1.3537 / 1°21'13"W
OS Eastings: 443454
OS Northings: 346490
OS Grid: SK434464
Mapcode National: GBR 7FD.0KS
Mapcode Global: WHDGH.5HMS
Entry Name: Registry Office
Listing Date: 25 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1158590
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79075
Location: Heanor and Loscoe, Amber Valley, Derbyshire, DE75
District: Amber Valley
Civil Parish: Heanor and Loscoe
Built-Up Area: Heanor
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Heanor St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 44 NW HEANOR AND LOSCOE MARKET PLACE, Heanor
6/32 Registry Office
Town Hall, now registry office. 1867 with minor later alterations. Red brick
with yellow and blue brick, and stone and tile dressings. Shallow pitched hipped
slate roof with stumps of side wall stacks. 2 storeys and 5 bays. Advanced
central bay, tapering from impost level of doorcase up to base of first floor.
Ground floor has horizontal rustication up to impost level of doorcase and windows.
Central bay has roll moulded semi-circular headed doorcase with yellow brick
arch, stone hoodmould and continuous impost bands of stone and glazed tiles.
Double panelled doors below plain overlight. Yellow brick tumbling to either
side of arch where the bay tapers. To either side segment headed plain sashes
with yellow brick arches. First floor band of yellow brick with blue brick edges
broken to centre by segmental headed panel of similar materials with stone inscribed
'1867'. Above, five tall semi-circular headed fixed windows with projecting
stone sills breaking yellow brick band, ceramic tile bands at impost level and
yellow brick arches with stone keyblocks. Narrow terracotta band over and cornice
with raised yellow brick panels between paired gutter brackets. Wide eaves gutter
with blocking course over central bay. Side elevations in plain red brick with
semi-circular headed first floor windows. Interior has central corridor with
offices off to either side and hall above.
Listing NGR: SK4345446490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings