This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5669 / 51°34'0"N
Longitude: -0.6917 / 0°41'29"W
OS Eastings: 490779
OS Northings: 186150
OS Grid: SU907861
Mapcode National: GBR D5Z.RY7
Mapcode Global: VHDWC.YWQ5
Entry Name: Garden Walls to South of Hedsor Priory
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Last Amended: 8 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159253
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46937
Location: Hedsor, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL8
Civil Parish: Hedsor
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Hedsor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 98 NW
6/53 Garden walls to S. of
Hedsor Priory (formerly listed
as Medieval remains at Priory)
Garden walls. Dated RH 158(3) on block in S.E. wall; part restored C19;
part of S.W, wall rebuilt c. 1971. For Roland Hynd who re-edified the church.
Knapped flint and chalk block in chequer pattern; narrow brick quoins;
early C19 tiled coping with course of cogged brick below. High L-plan
wall with spur to house on N.E. side, and lower spur with archway at W. end.
Archway has 4-centred arch of wave-moulded brick in hollow-chamfered square-
headed surround. Spur to house has 2 niches with pointed heads, possibly small
bee-boles. Both main walls each have central recess with low 4-centred
brick arch. Later buttresses. Wall may incorporate walls of medieval
Listing NGR: SU9077986150
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings