This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1886 / 50°11'18"N
Longitude: -5.34 / 5°20'24"W
OS Eastings: 161680
OS Northings: 37398
OS Grid: SW616373
Mapcode National: GBR FX65.SWD
Mapcode Global: VH12P.DJ99
Entry Name: The Pendarves Arms
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159493
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70112
Location: Gwinear-Gwithian, Cornwall, TR14
Civil Parish: Gwinear-Gwithian
Built-Up Area: Reawla
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Gwinear
Church of England Diocese: Truro
GWINEAR-GWIThIAN CATHEBEDRON ROAD, Carnhell Green
SW 63 NW
5/16 The Pendarvis Arms
Public house. Circa mid C19. Painted render or stucco. HIpped scantle slate roof with
rendered brick chimneys over the side wall right and gable end of rear wing. Cast-
iron ogee gutters.
Plan: Overall L-shaped plan with 2 equal-sized rooms at the front, 2 room plan
kitchen and rear parlour wing at right angles to rear and integral outshut for stair
and probably pantry filling the angle between the left-hand room and the rear wing.
There is a cellar under the former kitchen.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3 window north-east front with central doorway. C20
door and original Classical style doorcase. Original 12-pane hornless sashes except
for 2 horned copies.
Interior: much of the original carpentry, joinery and plasterwork survives including
window shutters, and plaster ceiling cornices and bands in the left-hand room and in
the rear parlour.
Listing NGR: SW6168037398
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings