This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9085 / 51°54'30"N
Longitude: -0.5838 / 0°35'1"W
OS Eastings: 497514
OS Northings: 224281
OS Grid: SP975242
Mapcode National: GBR F3D.976
Mapcode Global: VHFRB.T9P7
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159512
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36094
Location: Tilsworth, Central Bedfordshire, LU7
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Tilsworth
Built-Up Area: Tilsworth
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Tilsworth
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5125 TILSWORTH STANBRIDGE ROAD
Church of All Saints
SP 9724 27/307 3.2.67
Clunch and ironstone church. C13 south arcade of 3 bays. South aisle rebuilt
and west tower constructed over west bay of nave C15. Remainder C14. In the
north aisle are 3 detached statuettes of knights and part of a fourth. They are
C13 and their origin unknown. In chancel, tombe of Gariel Yowler (deceased 1582)
- Corinthian columns on panelled base supporting canopy with carved Frieze.
Monument of similar type to Sir Henry Chester (deceased 1666) Knight of the Bath
to Charles II. Jacobean pulpit. Font has C17 bowl and C13 century stem.
Listing NGR: SP9751424281
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings