This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2438 / 50°14'37"N
Longitude: -5.1456 / 5°8'44"W
OS Eastings: 175812
OS Northings: 42932
OS Grid: SW758429
Mapcode National: GBR Z8.NMH7
Mapcode Global: FRA 083D.34M
Entry Name: Roseventon Farmhouse and Workshop to South East
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159534
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63404
Location: Chacewater, Cornwall, TR4
Civil Parish: Chacewater
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Chacewater
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 74 SE KEA
1/117 Roseventon Farmhouse and workshop
to south east
Farmhouse and workshop adjoining to south east. C17, extended C19. Painted cob
walls, wooden lintels and thin slate sills. Steep corrugated iron roof, formerly
thatched, and brick chimney over gable ends. Workshop and service area has lower
pitched roof and lower eaves. Large external stone breast to north west gable end.
2-room single depth plan with central stair but 1-room service area to south east may
survive from earlier 3-room plan, the upper end being remodelled circa late C17 and
again in the C19. Steep slope of hill to rear.
2 storeys. South west front of slightly irregular 2-window house part, left, and
lower 1-window part, right. House has nearly central doorway with 4-panel door, top
panels later glazed. Right-hand window with window over. Left-hand ground floor
window is wider and first floor window is farther to right. All 4-pane horned
sashes. Small blocked window opening to ground floor, far right (in position of
internal oven). Service end front has doorway, left, now with C20 window. Small
window opening middle, with C20 window and enlarged window opening over with reused
casement. Present doorway to right and larger doorway to workshop, far right.
Interior of house remodelled and refloored in C19 but fragment of ogee moulded
muntin and plank partition survives to side of entrance passage between rooms. Left-
hand room (north east has partly blocked and remodelled fireplace, but large splayed
fireplace with cambered and chamfered oak lintel survives to right-hand room. To
right-hand side of hearth is large stone oven with arched stone doorway).
A rare pre 1700 building in this formerly rich mining area with mostly late C18 to
early C19 miners cottages.
Listing NGR: SW7581242932
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings