This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1188 / 50°7'7"N
Longitude: -5.4766 / 5°28'35"W
OS Eastings: 151569
OS Northings: 30086
OS Grid: SW515300
Mapcode National: GBR DXVC.J6B
Mapcode Global: VH130.182T
Entry Name: The Change House and Adjoining Walls
Listing Date: 9 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159827
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69945
Location: St. Michael's Mount, Cornwall, TR17
Civil Parish: St. Michael's Mount
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
MARAZION ST MICHAEL'S MOUNT
4/35 (was part of 9/157) The Change House and adjoining
Former inn, later a changing house for bathing in the harbour including adjoining
harbour walls. Circa early C18, remodelled circa late C19. Painted granite rubble
walls. Steep dry Delabole slate roof with brick axial chimney towards left.
Plan: single depth range remodelled in the C19, possibly formerly a 2-room house with
a.l-room plan house at either end. Roof heightened circa late C19.
Exterior : 2 storeys. Slightly irregular overall 4 window front, facing roughly
south. Small wing at front towards the right, linked to the Steward's House qv. Far
left, a projecting shopfront with small panes and sidelights, doorway to its right
and large hood over both. Slightly to the right is a large doorway with doors to
ground and first floors. The windows are in small rectangular openings, fitted with
various sashes circa late C18 sashes or casements, and over the shopfront is a circa
early C19 12-pane hornless sash.
Interior not inspected.
The north wall is built over a sea-defences retaining wall and adjoining the rear
wall, right, are tall rubble walls with lean-tos against them.
This building is shown in a water colour in the Castle dated 1805 and entitled 'The
Sugar Loaf Inn'.
Sources : The National Trust guide pamphlets.
Listing NGR: SW5156930084
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings