This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.691 / 51°41'27"N
Longitude: -0.7619 / 0°45'42"W
OS Eastings: 485677
OS Northings: 199863
OS Grid: SU856998
Mapcode National: GBR D4C.S8N
Mapcode Global: VHDVR.RR2K
Entry Name: Denner Hill Farmhouse with Outbuildings Attached to South
Listing Date: 20 August 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160234
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46563
Location: Hughenden, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP16
Civil Parish: Hughenden
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Prestwood
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 89 NE
DENNER HILL, FARM LANE
(OFF ROLLS LANE)
Denner Hill Farmhouse with outbuildings attached to S.
House with range of outbuildings, formerly stables and sheds, to rear.
Originally C17, altered late C18, extended c.1800. L-plan. Front wing
of house is of flint with brick dressings, hipped old tile roof and central
brick chimney with attached shafts, probably C17. 2 storeys, 2 bays.
Ground floor has tripartite barred sashes with segmental heads;
first floor has 4-pane sashes. Blind window to centre of first floor
above later porch of local Denner Hill stone. Porch has shallow gable,
lead roof, and C20 door with radiating semi-circular fanlight. 1918
extension of one bay to left, also of Denner Hill stone. Rear wing added
c.1800, of coursed Denner Hill stone with hipped old tile roof, part
with chamfered stone eaves, E. side has outshot, altered at right end, with
board doors to former coal and wood-sheds. W. side, to farmyard, has 2
2-storey bays to left with 6-pane sashes, board door between and boxed 4-pan
sash to centre of first floor. Lower left window altered to C20 casement.
Ground floor openings have slightly cambered stone heads, the left with
initials 'ET', the right with 'DE'. Stable bays to right have rectangular
openings with similar heads to ground floor and loft, tall central opening,
and lower gabled projection for harness room and chaff store to right.
Interior of house has barrel vaulted ceilings to upper storey.
Listing NGR: SU8567799863
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings