This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8052 / 51°48'18"N
Longitude: -0.8486 / 0°50'54"W
OS Eastings: 479486
OS Northings: 212464
OS Grid: SP794124
Mapcode National: GBR C1K.VNP
Mapcode Global: VHDV4.7WRJ
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 21 December 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160658
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42658
Location: Stone with Bishopstone and Hartwell, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Stone with Bishopstone and Hartwell
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Stone with Dinton and Hartwell
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 71 SE HARTWELL HARTWELL
3/88 Church of St. Mary
Parish church, now redundant and roofless. 1753-5 by Henry Keene
in Gothic Revival style, designed as a feature in the park of
Hartwell House. Ashlar stone, octagonal in plan with towers at East and
West, the latter now removed. Battlemented parapet and moulded cornice,
moulded string below attic quatrefoil windows. Main windows 3-light
with Y tracery and crocketted ogee hoods. Rose windows to N. and S. bays
and to E. side of tower which has openwork parapet and pinnacles.
Interior now a ruin with slight evidence of former plaster fan vaulted ceiling.
Listing NGR: SP7948612464
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings