This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.673 / 50°40'22"N
Longitude: -4.5289 / 4°31'43"W
OS Eastings: 221407
OS Northings: 88972
OS Grid: SX214889
Mapcode National: GBR NC.6SM0
Mapcode Global: FRA 17D9.9G4
Entry Name: Treglith Farmhouse
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Last Amended: 11 January 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161194
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68086
Location: Treneglos, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: Treneglos
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Jacobstow
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 28 NW
7/196 Treglith Farmhouse
(formerly listed as Treglith House)
House and attached outbuildings on east. Circa early C17 extended in later C17 and
C18. Stone rubble and cob, rendered on front and painted on rear. Rag slate roof
with hipped ends to front range and hipped and gable ends to rear. Stone rubble end,
axial and lateral stacks.
Plan: The original plan is uncertain and as only part of the interior was accessible
at time of survey (1987), the chronological development is uncertain. A stone trough
dated 1636 with initials J.S. (Spettigue) is in the courtyard close to the house.
The house probably only had three hearths in 1664 (qv hearth tax returns) and was
therefore probably considerably extended in the late C17 and C18. Front range of 2-
room and central entrance plan heated by fireplaces in the rear wall. Parallel range
to rear, the right hand room originally heated by an end stack. Wing of one room
plan to rear left. Attached on rear right is a line of outbuildings containing a
back kitchen, dairy and farmbuilding of uncertain purpose beyond.
Exterior: Two storeys. Symmetrical 3-window front with central entrance. C19 6-
panel door with C18 open porch with ----ed granite columns and flat canopy with
moulded cornice. Two 3-light mullion and transom windows on ground floor and three
above, probably of the early C18 with some renewed lights. The rear elevation is
also unaltered and unspoilt and there is a C17 ovolo moulded mullion and transom
window with leaded lights and early glass in rear wing. The outbuildings have lower
roofs with C19 fenestration.
Interior: Only partially accessible at time of survey, the rear part of the house
comprising service accommodation with late C18 and C19 joinery and slate flag floors.
This house remains unaltered and unspoilt with several C18 doors. The C19 joinery
is especially complete and the service rooms are intact. Any alterations to this
house should be kept to a minimum.
Listing NGR: SX2140788972
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings