This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5429 / 53°32'34"N
Longitude: -0.1696 / 0°10'10"W
OS Eastings: 521384
OS Northings: 406694
OS Grid: TA213066
Mapcode National: GBR WW8G.2Q
Mapcode Global: WHHHY.C6GT
Entry Name: College Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 July 1975
Last Amended: 18 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161206
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164406
Location: Laceby, North East Lincolnshire, DN37
County: North East Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Laceby
Built-Up Area: Laceby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Laceby St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 20 NW LACEBY COOPER LANE
2/40 College Farmhouse
(formerly listed as
10.7.75 41 High Street)
Farmhouse, now house. Probable C16 origins, encased in late C17, with C18
and C19 alterations and additions to rear. Renovations of 1980. Timber
frame, underbuilt and encased in brick (in English bond to earlier section).
Pantile roof. L-shaped on plan: 2-room central entrance hall front with 2-
room wing to rear left. 2 storeys, 3 bays; symmetrical. Round-headed
entrance with keyed architrave and 6-fielded-panel door and blind fanlight
in fielded-panel arched reveal. 16-pane sashes in flush wooden architraves.
2-course brick first floor band. Similar first floor sashes with smaller
central 16-pane sash. All sashes are C20 replacements. Traces of earlier
blocked openings to both floors. Corbelled brick eaves cornice. Brick
coped and tumbled gables. End stacks. 16-pane sliding sashes to left
return. Interior. Exposed timber framing includes central tie beams to
both floors, post with braces to first floor left, partitions with brick and
plaster infill to stairhall. Late C17 - early C18 features include: open
well staircase with closed string, bulb-on-vase balusters, plain newel with
ornate scrolled bracket; segmental-arched brick fireplaces to ground floor,
wooden bolection chimneypieces with moulded cornice mantlepieces to first
floor front rooms; 2-fielded-panel doors and cupboard doors with L-hinges;
2-light wooden mullioned window with leaded panes re-set in rear passage.
Ground floor right has early C19 beaded-panel doors, window shutters and
plaster cornice. In 1714 Philip and Sarah Stanford left the property in
trust to support a school, hence the various earlier names, College, School
or Paupers Farm.
Listing NGR: TA2138406694
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings