This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8406 / 53°50'26"N
Longitude: -0.4312 / 0°25'52"W
OS Eastings: 503321
OS Northings: 439400
OS Grid: TA033394
Mapcode National: GBR TSF1.F0
Mapcode Global: WHGF4.BQWL
Entry Name: No 65 Now Part of Humberside County Council Offices
Listing Date: 1 March 1950
Last Amended: 30 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161598
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167240
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU17
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Beverley
Built-Up Area: Beverley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Beverley Minster St John and St Martin
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 0339 BEVERLEY LAIRGATE
8/138) No 65 now part of
9/138 ) Humberside County Council
1.3.50 Offices (previously listed
as No 63, is part of
No 65 now)
Late Cl7 and late C18. Built in two parts described here separately. South
portion late C18, 2 storeys in painted brick, slate roof with three gabled
dormers. Wide projecting eaves, iron spouting. Ground floor, north to south,
has 6-panel door, 2 windows, main doorway with wood case, Doric pilasters.
Entablature with dentil cornice broken over pilasters and open pediment, 6-panel
door with arched fanlight. Beyond the door is a slight break forward and two
windows, one triple window over doorway, break forward, one window placed
centrally over the two below. String course only to the portion broken forward.
The older portion of the house is to the north, and breaks forward slightly.
It appears to have been built in the late C17, and may have formed part of
the Old Manse. Two storeys in painted brick. Ground floor has broad doors
to opening through to yard, one window. First floor has two windows. Moulded
brick eaves cornice. Pantile roof. All the windows are late C18 sashes.
Listing NGR: TA0332139400
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings