This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.5183 / 53°31'6"N
Longitude: -0.415 / 0°24'54"W
OS Eastings: 505185
OS Northings: 403576
OS Grid: TA051035
Mapcode National: GBR TWJR.YH
Mapcode Global: WHGGP.LTKM
Entry Name: Brandicarr Farmhouse
Listing Date: 6 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161874
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166000
Location: Cadney, North Lincolnshire, LN7
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Cadney
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Cadney All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 00 SE CADNEY B 1434
(east side, off)
12/40 Brandicarr Farmhouse
Farmhouse. 1787 on tie-bars, for Yarborough Estate; re-tiled c1970. Yellow
brick in Flemish bond; black clay pantile roof. Weatherboarded porch.
T-shaped on plan: 2-room central entrance-hall south front with 2-room rear
wing adjoining stable range. 2 storeys with attic, 3 bays; symmetrical.
C20 gabled porch. Flight of 3 stone steps to half-glazed flush-panelled
door in architrave, flanked by 12-pane sashes in flush wooden architraves
with stucco sills and segmental arches. Slightly smaller first-floor sashes
in similar surrounds. 3 wrought-iron tie-bar ends at first-floor level,
2 at attic-floor level. Moulded wooden eaves board. Tumbled-in brick to
gables with stone coping and shaped kneelers. End stacks. Left and right
returns have 12-pane ground-floor sashes, round-headed attic windows with
glazing bars in slightly-recessed architraves, and dated tie-bar ends to
gables. Left return, rear wing: 2-storey 2-bay section has half-glazed door
beneath segmental arch and single 3-light casements with glazing bars to
both floors, coped gable and end stack; single-storey 3-bay section to left
has half-glazed door flanked 12-pane sliding sash and C20 casement beneath
segmental arches, stepped and dentilled brick eaves cornice. Interior of
front range contains single-flight closed-string staircase with ramped and
wreathed handrail and column-on-vase balusters with square knops; arched
opening to rear passage; dado rails to entrance hall and ground-floor front
rooms; panelled window shutters and doors in architraves. Stable range
adjoining to rear is of no special interest.
Listing NGR: TA0518503576
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings