This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6644 / 50°39'51"N
Longitude: -4.3669 / 4°22'0"W
OS Eastings: 232822
OS Northings: 87639
OS Grid: SX328876
Mapcode National: GBR NL.7D4Y
Mapcode Global: FRA 17RB.0KS
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 11 January 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161996
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68196
Location: Werrington, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: Werrington
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Werrington
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 38 NW
9/307 The Vicarage
Vicarage. Circa 1836 (information from vicar). Rendered and painted stone rubble.
Slate hipped roof with deep eaves. Rendered shafts to brick axial and lateral stacks.
Plan: Double depth plan with entrance to right of centre leading into passage with
stair on left hand side of passage. Two principal rooms on right hand side of
passage overlooking garden and service rooms on left of passage. The original
arrangement is uncertain as the vicarage was reduced in size in the 1970s, when the
left hand range and wing to rear left were demolished.
Exterior: Two storeys. Asymmetrical 3-window entrance front, the windows disposed
towards the left. C19 12-pane sashes. Original porch to right of centre with corner
pilasters, heavy cornice, blocking course and round arched doorway with moulded
imposts and C19 double doors. To the right of the porch a projecting chimney stack.
The right hand garden front has a symmetrical arrangement of C19 sashes.
Interior: Complete with contemporary chimney-pieces, joinery and carpentry.
Listing NGR: SX3282487636
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings