History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn to Heydon Grange Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Heydon, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0625 / 52°3'45"N

Longitude: 0.0685 / 0°4'6"E

OS Eastings: 541898

OS Northings: 242480

OS Grid: TL418424

Mapcode National: GBR L8Z.L4T

Mapcode Global: VHHKV.4FK6

Entry Name: Barn to Heydon Grange Farm

Listing Date: 17 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1163508

English Heritage Legacy ID: 52971

Location: Heydon, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG8

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Heydon

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Find accommodation in
Fowlmere

Listing Text

TL 44 SW HEYDON FOWLMERE ROAD
(West Side)
5/158 Barn to Heydon
Grange Farm
II
barn. Late C17. Red brick with modern repair, half hipped corrugated iron
roofs. Aisled barn of eight bays with two gabled entries facing north and
two rear wings formerly part enclosing a yard. The wing to the south-east
has been partly demolished, the surviving wing to south-west is two
storeyed. Double purlin roof, arcade plates with edge halved scarf joints.
Grange Farmhouse, now demolished, and barns were recorded in 1949 when
corrugated iron was replacing the original thatch.
R.C.H.M. Report 1949


Listing NGR: TL4189842480

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

TL 44 SW HEYDON FOWLMERE ROAD
(West Side)
5/158 Barn to Heydon
Grange Farm
II
barn. Late C17. Red brick with modern repair, half hipped corrugated iron
roofs. Aisled barn of eight bays with two gabled entries facing north and
two rear wings formerly part enclosing a yard. The wing to the south-east
has been partly demolished, the surviving wing to south-west is two
storeyed. Double purlin roof, arcade plates with edge halved scarf joints.
Grange Farmhouse, now demolished, and barns were recorded in 1949 when
corrugated iron was replacing the original thatch.
R.C.H.M. Report 1949


Listing NGR: TL4189842480

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.