This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.1064 / 54°6'22"N
Longitude: -2.8092 / 2°48'33"W
OS Eastings: 347188
OS Northings: 468134
OS Grid: SD471681
Mapcode National: GBR 8NTY.MQ
Mapcode Global: WH840.T1GT
Plus Code: 9C6V454R+G8
Entry Name: Red Bank Farmhouse
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Last Amended: 7 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163654
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181792
Location: Bolton-le-Sands, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5
Civil Parish: Bolton-le-Sands
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Bolton-le-Sands Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 46 NE BOLTON-LE-SANDS THE SHORE
6/38 Red Bank Farmhouse
2. 5. 1968 (formerly listed as Red Bank House,
Farmhouse. 'TYE 1680' on lintel. Pebbledashed rubble with slate roof.
T-plan house of 2 storeys. Continuous drip course rises over ground floor
windows and door. Ground floor windows have rebated and chamfered surrounds
with lowered sills. One mullion remains in the window to the left of the
door and one mullion in the window to the right. To the right of this is
a former 2-light window with mullion removed. 3 windows on the 1st floor:
2 rebated and chamfered surrounds with central mullions only remaining, with
a window with rebated and chamfered jambs and plain lintel between. Moulding
of door jambs continues around battlemented lintel. Gable stacks and copings.
Rear wing towards the sea has corbelled stone chimney on gable with oval cap.
Listing NGR: SD4718868134
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings