This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.4695 / 53°28'10"N
Longitude: -0.7839 / 0°47'2"W
OS Eastings: 480821
OS Northings: 397657
OS Grid: SK808976
Mapcode National: GBR QXZB.20
Mapcode Global: WHFFR.X2W2
Plus Code: 9C5XF698+QC
Entry Name: Church of St John the Divine
Listing Date: 31 March 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165941
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196865
Location: Wildsworth, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN21
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Wildsworth
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Laughton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 89 NW WILDSWORTH
4/56 Church of
31.3.82 St. John the Divine
Parish church, disused. 1838. Architect Charles Biggs, restored
1896 and 1908. Yellow brick with ashlar dressings, slate roof.
West tower, nave, chancel and vestry. Octagonal tower of 3
stages, the topmost stage marked by an offset. A 4 centred west
door with hood mould and label stops, to first floor a pair of
lancets with between a lozenge shaped plaque, now removed. On
the topmost stage belfry lights in the principal directions with
hood moulds and label stops with between, blank recesses.
Battlemented top and recessed octagonal spire. Nave side walls
are divided into 3 bays by octagonal pilasters crowned by plain
pinnacles. 3 two light Y traceried windows having 2 centred
arches with hood moulds. Plain parapet. To the north east a
single storey vestry with boiler house under. East end of
chancel, which is an addition of the same date as the vestry,
1908, has a raised stone coped gable with kneelers and at a high
level a 5 light Perpendicular style window with central ogee and
trefoil heads contained in a broad 3 centred arch. The south
chancel window is a single cusped ogee light set in a square
chamfered frame. Interior: the stained glass in the east window
is dated 1916 by Kempe. The panelled base of the font is dated
1839. All other fittings, etc. have been removed.
Listing NGR: SK8082197657
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings