This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.4074 / 52°24'26"N
Longitude: -2.1146 / 2°6'52"W
OS Eastings: 392300
OS Northings: 278828
OS Grid: SO923788
Mapcode National: GBR 2F3.06V
Mapcode Global: VH91Q.9RGB
Plus Code: 9C4VCV4P+X5
Entry Name: The Bell and Cross Public House
Listing Date: 17 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167035
English Heritage Legacy ID: 156331
Location: Clent, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, DY9
Civil Parish: Clent
Built-Up Area: Holy Cross
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Clent
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
1649/6/66 HOOLY CROSS
17-JUL-86 THE BELL AND CROSS PUBLIC HOUSE
Public house. Late C18 with mid-C19 and C20 alterations.
MATERIALS: painted brick. Plain tiled roofs with end stacks on main range and ridge stacks on rear wings
PLAN: central entrance, leading to public rooms (2 on left, 1 rear right), and further corridor on right leading to public room at front.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic. 2-bays to main facade with two 4-light casements with cambered heads on each floor. Central entrance has flat canopy on consoles, 6-panelled door and transom light with glazing bars. Attic lights at gable ends. Right return has 2 storeys with sash and casement windows of varying details. Left return has 3-sided bay window. 3 gables to rear and at right angles to main range. Further to rear single storey C19 and C20 extensions.
INTERIOR: Internal porch with hatch for off-sales. Red and black quarry tiles in corridor. Public bar with C19 counter with plain panels and consoles. Bar back includes round arched features. Fixed seating with match board panelling behind. Public room at front, the internal walls of which are made up of match board panelling, above doorway and rear panelling clear glazed rectangular panels. Fixed seating. Smoke room at rear on left retains bell pushes. Right-hand rear public room was a private living room until c.1990.
Listing NGR: SO9230078828
Other nearby listed buildings