This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7092 / 50°42'32"N
Longitude: -3.0343 / 3°2'3"W
OS Eastings: 327066
OS Northings: 90457
OS Grid: SY270904
Mapcode National: GBR PG.2VQK
Mapcode Global: FRA 47J6.HQQ
Entry Name: Bindon Manor House
Listing Date: 8 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169515
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87723
Location: Axmouth, East Devon, Devon, EX12
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Axmouth
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Axmouth St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SY 29 SE AXMOUTH STEPPS ROAD
8.5.67 Bindon Manor House
Former manor house. C15 extensively rebuilt in C16 and with mid C20 extension.
Stone rubble with freestone dressings. Slate roof. Two storeys and attics. Two
gabled bays on west front are the gable ends of two parallel roofs with the former
great hall in the north range. Two storeyed gabled ashlar porch at the centre with
moulded four-centred arch doorway. Two and three-light ovolo moulded stone mullion
windows with hood moulds. The ground floor retains the small C15 four-centred
headed windows. Three-light perpendicular traceried window on first floor to chapel
on south side. Small ashlar chimney stacks. Projecting two storey wing to left
(north-west) and extension to right (south). Long mid C20 single storey wing to
north with Tudor style stone windows.
Interior: moulded ceiling beams, some plank and muntin screens, stone chimney
piers. The former hall has been floored. Former chapel in first floor room on
south side has circa early C15 screen. The chapel was licensed in 1425 by
Listing NGR: SY2706690457
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings