History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

K6 Telephone Kiosk Adjoining the Old School

A Grade II Listed Building in Twyford, Leicestershire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6831 / 52°40'59"N

Longitude: -0.9209 / 0°55'15"W

OS Eastings: 473046

OS Northings: 310036

OS Grid: SK730100

Mapcode National: GBR BPT.N12

Mapcode Global: WHFKC.TTNF

Entry Name: K6 Telephone Kiosk Adjoining the Old School

Listing Date: 7 January 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1177803

English Heritage Legacy ID: 189899

Location: Twyford and Thorpe, Melton, Leicestershire, LE14

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton

Civil Parish: Twyford and Thorpe

Built-Up Area: Twyford

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Twyford St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Hungerton

Listing Text

SK 71 SW TWYFORD AND THORPE BURROUGH ROAD

(north side)
9/142 K6 Telephone kiosk
adjoining the Old
School

G.V. II

K6 telephone kiosk. c.1935. Designed by Giles Gilbert Scott.
Cast iron with a wooden door to south.


Listing NGR: SK7304610036

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.