This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2362 / 51°14'10"N
Longitude: -0.5713 / 0°34'16"W
OS Eastings: 499841
OS Northings: 149522
OS Grid: SU998495
Mapcode National: GBR FCK.DDB
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.16V6
Entry Name: 161 and 163, High Street
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1180175
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288944
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holy Trinity
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 9949NE GUILDFORD HIGH STREET
5/82 Nos 161 and 163
Town house, now shop. Early C18 with C20 alterations and extensions to rear.
Red-orange brick with fine joints over rendered ground floor, plain tiled roof
above. Three storeys and attics with cross-ridge multiple stack to left end.
Rendered plat bands over ground and first floors, bold wooden modillion eaves
cornice above breaking forward to centre and ends-over windows. Regular facade
of 3 bays with two C20 gabled casement dormers in roof. Three plate glass sash
windows across the second floor with open sash boxes; ogee cut brick heads to
outer windows. Three similar windows on the first floor, the centre window with
cut brick decorated head. Plate glass shop front to ground floor with deeply
recessed doors. C20 extensions to rear not of special interest.
Photographs in N.M.R.
Listing NGR: SU9983449531
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings