This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6002 / 51°36'0"N
Longitude: -1.1246 / 1°7'28"W
OS Eastings: 460728
OS Northings: 189401
OS Grid: SU607894
Mapcode National: GBR 911.QGH
Mapcode Global: VHCYP.G1BM
Plus Code: 9C3WJV2G+35
Entry Name: Drinking Fountain Approximately 40 Metres North of the Town Hall
Listing Date: 9 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182318
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249269
Location: Wallingford, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10
Civil Parish: Wallingford
Built-Up Area: Wallingford
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
WALLINGFORD MARKET PLACE
SU6089SE (North side)
11/112 Drinking Fountain approx.
40m. N of The Town Hall
Drinking fountain. c.1885, cast by Walter Macfarlane's foundry in Glasgow. Cast
iron. Decorative fluted columns supporting decorative domed canopy with painted
finial. Circular fountain on pedestal to centre. Presented by Alderman Hawkins
in 1885, removed to the Bullcroft, returned to original site in 1979.
("Historic Wallingford, a walk-round guide" by J and S Dewey, 1982).
Listing NGR: SU6072689400
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings