This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4679 / 51°28'4"N
Longitude: -1.7137 / 1°42'49"W
OS Eastings: 419984
OS Northings: 174361
OS Grid: SU199743
Mapcode National: GBR 4WH.ZGZ
Mapcode Global: VHC1H.7CWK
Entry Name: Rectory House
Listing Date: 30 January 1975
Last Amended: 2 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182572
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311347
Location: Ogbourne St. George, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: Ogbourne St. George
Built-Up Area: Ogbourne St George
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
SU 17 SE OGBOURNE ST GEORGE HIGH STREET
7/95 Rectory House
(Formerly listed as
30.1.75 Rectory Farmhouse)
Rectory, now house. C18. Brick with C20 interlocking tiles. 'L'
plan, with forward east wing forming gable to road. Two storeys
and attic. Door fielded and panelled with canopy on consoles,
extended as pediment on Ionic columns. Paned casement, windows, but
one 16-pane sash. Gable stack and large stack at junction of wing
with datestone reading T G / 1755. To rear, two canted bays and
Interior: not seen.
Listing NGR: SU1998474361
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings