This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.0154 / 51°0'55"N
Longitude: -2.1254 / 2°7'31"W
OS Eastings: 391298
OS Northings: 124005
OS Grid: ST912240
Mapcode National: GBR 1XL.9GP
Mapcode Global: FRA 66FF.HSS
Plus Code: 9C3V2V8F+4R
Entry Name: West End Farmhouse
Listing Date: 6 January 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183546
English Heritage Legacy ID: 320814
Location: Donhead St. Andrew, Wiltshire, SP7
Civil Parish: Donhead St. Andrew
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Donhead St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
DONHEAD ST. ANDREW WEST END
ST 92 SW (west side)
7/28 West End Farmhouse
Farmhouse, now detached house. Circa 1700. Dressed limestone,
gable end brick stacks. Gable end to road, central baffle entry.
Two-storey, 3-windows. Central panelled folding door in chamfered
stone surround with single recessed chamfered casement and 3-light
mullioned casement either side. Moulded string course at lintel
level, first floor has three 3-light recessed chamfered mullioned
casements, C20 attic dormer with 3-light casement, coped verges.
Right return has lean-to extension with pantiled roof and C20 fixed
windows, 1-light casement to attic. Left return has C20 plastic-
framed door and casements, attic has 1-light casement. Rear has
late; C19 single-storey wing with basement to left; C20 window and
sash, rear of main range has glazed door wth 2-light casement to
left and sash and mullioned casement to right, first floor has
three 2-light and one 3-light mullioned casements, three hipped
dormers to attic with C20 steel casements.
Interior: original stairs in central position form baffle entry,
kitchen to right has door with 6 fielded panels, reset deep
chamfered beam and blocked open fireplace with chamfered lintel on
stone jambs, drawing room to left has chamfered beam with jewelled
stops and open fireplace with chamfered lintel on stone jambs.
Six-bay butt purlin roof with collars exposed in attic. Ceased to
be a farmhouse in 1932.
Listing NGR: ST9129824005
Other nearby listed buildings