This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6167 / 51°37'0"N
Longitude: 0.1867 / 0°11'12"E
OS Eastings: 551488
OS Northings: 193136
OS Grid: TQ514931
Mapcode National: GBR SG.XBD
Mapcode Global: VHHN1.6M1J
Plus Code: 9F32J58P+MM
Entry Name: The Round House
Listing Date: 4 July 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183562
English Heritage Legacy ID: 201556
Location: Havering Park, Havering, London, RM4
Electoral Ward/Division: Havering Park
Built-Up Area: Havering
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Collier Row St James and St John, Havering-atte-Bower
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
The Round House
TQ 5093/5193 1/10 4.7.52
Circa 1792: built for William Sheldon. Oval villa, stucco, Welsh slate
roof with eaves cornice. Roof culminates in oval copper parapet. Three storeys,
8 double hung sash windows, 3 windows on each flatter side, 1 window to each
rounder side. First and second floor bands. Four pairs of giant Doric pilasters,
with entablatures, at changes in curvature between flatter and rounder sides.
Entrance porch of Doric pilasters and Ionic columns on stylobate; entablature.
Six-fielded panel 2-fold door in round headed reveal with marginal and fanlights.
Rounded ends have 1st floor balconies. Interior walls of 1 ground floor
room covered with early C19 panoramic wallpaper by Dufour and Cie.
Listing NGR: TQ5148893136
Other nearby listed buildings