This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5884 / 52°35'18"N
Longitude: -1.9938 / 1°59'37"W
OS Eastings: 400513
OS Northings: 298952
OS Grid: SP005989
Mapcode National: GBR 2B1.N0
Mapcode Global: WHBG1.B6SJ
Plus Code: 9C4WH2Q4+9F
Entry Name: Walsall Junction Canal Fourth Lock from South Walsall Locks
Listing Date: 31 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186752
English Heritage Legacy ID: 219167
Location: Walsall, WS2
Electoral Ward/Division: Birchills Leamore
Built-Up Area: Walsall
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Walsall St Andrew, The Birchills
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WALSALL MB WALSALL JUNCTION CANAL
SP 09 NW
7/109 Fourth lock from south
Lock on Walsall Junction Canal. Built in 1841 to join the Walsall Canal
to the Birchills Branch of the Wyreley Canal. Brick with some sandstone
kerbstones to lock chamber. Single gates and cast iron sluice gear.
Forms part of a flight of eight locks (qv). (Paget-Tomlinson, Edward W,
The Complete Book of Canal and River Navigations, 1978, p 94).
Listing NGR: SP0051398952
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings