This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.7018 / 51°42'6"N
Longitude: -1.9754 / 1°58'31"W
OS Eastings: 401794
OS Northings: 200338
OS Grid: SP017003
Mapcode National: GBR 2PS.CCB
Mapcode Global: VHB2Q.QH18
Entry Name: The Cranhams
Listing Date: 24 May 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187449
English Heritage Legacy ID: 365237
Location: Cirencester, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Cirencester
Built-Up Area: Cirencester
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cirencester St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP0100 CRANHAMS LANE
578-1/7/96 (South side (off))
House. Said to be 1838 with mid and late C19 additions.
Coursed squared limestone with ashlar dressings to front, left
side and rear, coursed squared limestone rubble to right side;
stone slate hipped roof with heavily projecting eaves; ashlar
stacks to left and right sides, to left rebuilt; ashlar stacks
to rear right and rear wing.
1838 range is 3 storeys and basement; 3-window range. First
floor has three 8/8-pane sashes in plain reveals with
projecting stone cills. Second floor has three 4/4-pane sashes
in similar reveals. Ground floor has two 12/12-pane horned
sashes in similar reveals. Door to centre with 6 flush panels
has single-pane overlight in plain reveal. Vermiculated ashlar
plinth; band courses over first and second floors.
To left, late C19 extension is 2-storeys with canted 2-storey
bay with 4 pairs of plate glass sashes to each floor,
vermiculated ashlar plinth, heavy moulded cornices over ground
and first floors, blocking course. Left side and rear have C19
casements and sashes.
INTERIOR inspection of ground and basement floors only; ground
floor has reeded architraves, 6-panel doors, simple C19 marble
fireplace to ground floor right, late C19/early C20 fireplace
in ground floor left, ground floor rear right has C19 stone
chimneypiece with reeded pilasters with acanthus leaf capitals
and frieze with swags; cantilevered stone dog-leg staircase
now from ground to first floors only, removed above, has stick
balusters, oak grip handrail, run cornice to staircase hall;
staircase continues in stone to basement, basement front left
has simple beaded stone fireplace, basement rear has large
chamfered stone fireplace.
Listing NGR: SP0179400338
Other nearby listed buildings