This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0066 / 54°0'23"N
Longitude: -1.4634 / 1°27'48"W
OS Eastings: 435268
OS Northings: 456858
OS Grid: SE352568
Mapcode National: GBR LQ63.ZJ
Mapcode Global: WHD9L.HKCC
Entry Name: Fysche Hall
Listing Date: 5 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1191351
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330894
Location: Knaresborough, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG5
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Knaresborough
Built-Up Area: Knaresborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Knaresborough
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 3556 KNARESBOROUGH YORK PLACE
9/223 Fysche Hall
Large house, now Priory Lodge of Freemasons. Late C18 and late C19. For
Francis Isles (d1776). Coursed squared limestone, Westmorland slate roof.
2 storeys; 5-bay pedimented centre with added slightly-recessed, 2-bay range
to right. Central wide 6-panel door with traceried overlight, moulded stone
architrave and fluted lintel. Additional wooden portico of Tuscan columns
supporting plain entablature. Sashes with glazing bars and keyed lintels
throughout. Moulded eaves cornice. Fluted brackets support triangular
pediment containing blocked oculus with compass and square carved in relief.
Interior not inspected. The house was occupied by H G Christian in 1860.
The 2-bay addition to right is not shown on the Ordnance Survey map of 1851,
when the house was named Rose Hill.
Listing NGR: SE3526856858
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings