This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4807 / 52°28'50"N
Longitude: -0.4744 / 0°28'27"W
OS Eastings: 503702
OS Northings: 288073
OS Grid: TL037880
Mapcode National: GBR FXX.DWS
Mapcode Global: VHFNH.QXK4
Entry Name: Waggon and Horses Public House
Listing Date: 18 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1191363
English Heritage Legacy ID: 231850
Location: Oundle, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE8
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Oundle
Built-Up Area: Oundle
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Oundlew Ashton
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
1. (South Side)
Waggon and Horses Public House.
TL 0588 1/68 18.6.55.
Early Cl7 and later. 2 storey building of L-shaped plan with stone slate roofs.
No 96 (east end) is low and has 2 5-light mullioned windows to 1st floor and 1
to ground floor, the other ground floor window having lost its mullions. Plain
doorway. Pigeon loft openings in east gable. The main part of the Public House
is on the corner, later C19, and slightly higher than the 2 wings, The south wing
(in Mill Road) has two 5-light mullioned windows to both floors.
Nos 96 and Waggon and horse Public House also form a group with Holy Name of
Listing NGR: TL0370288073
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings