This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4753 / 51°28'30"N
Longitude: -0.0378 / 0°2'16"W
OS Eastings: 536369
OS Northings: 176971
OS Grid: TQ363769
Mapcode National: GBR K6.TBB
Mapcode Global: VHGR7.95CW
Entry Name: Deptford Town Hall
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193691
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203384
Location: Lewisham, London, SE14
Electoral Ward/Division: Brockley
Built-Up Area: Lewisham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Hatcham St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
NEW CROSS ROAD SE14
4424 (South Side)
Deptford Town Hall
TQ 3676 7/D16 5.7.50.
1903-05 by Lanchester Strewart and Richards. 2 storeys, attic and basement,
7 windows. Outer bays set back. Elaborate stone facade with high, pedimented
attic over middle 3 bays, and entablature and blocking course to both floors.
0verhanging 1st floor holds statues of admirals between windows and is
supported on square piers with flanking columns. Sculpture of old naval battle
in tympanum. 9 steps to central round arched doorway with figures of Tritons
as corbels supporting 1arge oriel bay with carving of ship and marine symbols
at its head. Wrought iron area railings with monogram. Clock turret above
Inside entrance hall, with red marble columns, leafs to staircase, with wrought
iron balustrade, lit by dome.
Listing NGR: TQ3636976971
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings