This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0734 / 53°4'24"N
Longitude: -0.8082 / 0°48'29"W
OS Eastings: 479942
OS Northings: 353565
OS Grid: SK799535
Mapcode National: GBR CLN.6J2
Mapcode Global: WHFHP.K0BQ
Entry Name: Beaumond Cross
Listing Date: 29 September 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1196274
English Heritage Legacy ID: 385070
Location: Newark, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Newark
Built-Up Area: Newark-on-Trent
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Newark-upon-Trent with Coddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
NEWARK ON TRENT
SK7953NE LONDON ROAD
619-1/8/217 (North East side)
29/09/50 Beaumond Cross
Market cross. C14, restored 1778 and 1801, resited late C20.
Ashlar. C20 octagonal plinth, 4 steps. Octagonal pedestal.
Tapered clustered shaft with tiered finial and renewed cap. At
the foot of the shaft, a gabled niche with figure. On the
pedestal, a brass plate inscribed
"Repaired and ornamented 1778 at expense of Charles Mellish,
Recorder". Scheduled ancient monument no. 10.
Listing NGR: SK7994253565
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings