This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.1031 / 50°6'10"N
Longitude: -5.2763 / 5°16'34"W
OS Eastings: 165812
OS Northings: 27692
OS Grid: SW658276
Mapcode National: GBR Z1.0P2H
Mapcode Global: VH133.HNHV
Entry Name: The Andrew Hall
Listing Date: 22 May 1972
Last Amended: 9 February 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1196332
English Heritage Legacy ID: 385402
Location: Helston, Cornwall, TR13
Civil Parish: Helston
Built-Up Area: Helston
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Helston
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW6427 CHURCH STREET
631-1/4/51 (West side)
22/05/72 The Andrew Hall
(Formerly Listed as:
Old National Schools)
Also known as: Old National School CHURCH STREET.
National school, now hall. Datestone 1828. Granite ashlar
front with plinth, flat arches and mid-floor string; asbestos
slate roof with coped front gable. Deep plan. 2 storeys;
symmetrical 3-bay entrance gable front. Original 16-pane
hornless sashes to 1st floor left and right and ground-floor
centre flanked by 2 doorways with original 6-panel doors;
central round-arched 1st-floor niche inscribed NATIONAL
SCHOOLS 1828. C20 matching linking structure set back on left.
INTERIOR not inspected. Part of a fine and remarkably complete
group including the schoolhouses (qv) flanking and the
railings (qv) enclosing the front yard.
Listing NGR: SW6581227692
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings