This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7518 / 51°45'6"N
Longitude: -1.247 / 1°14'49"W
OS Eastings: 452078
OS Northings: 206165
OS Grid: SP520061
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.3K5
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.B7MF
Plus Code: 9C3WQQ23+P6
Entry Name: Magdalen College, Range on the High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199656
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244978
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Range on the High Street
SP 5206 SW 10/419F 12.1.54.
Early C16 incorporating parts of St John's Hospital, including remains of
C14 Chapel; partly reconstructed 1665-6. Towards East end is Bell Tower,
1492-1500, with short ranges to East and West completed by 1509. Extending
to North at East end is an early C17 wing which now forms the East side
of the Chaplain's Quadrangle. Partly refaced in synthetic stone, 1955.
Gatehouse altered 1957.
Listing NGR: SP5208706159
Other nearby listed buildings