This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9938 / 50°59'37"N
Longitude: -1.7446 / 1°44'40"W
OS Eastings: 418020
OS Northings: 121628
OS Grid: SU180216
Mapcode National: GBR 528.PR8
Mapcode Global: FRA 767H.84D
Entry Name: Lear and Shuckburgh Monuments in the Churchyard About 34 Metres West of Church of St Laurence
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1200793
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319621
Location: Downton, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Downton
Built-Up Area: Downton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Downton St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
DOWNTON CHURCH HATCH
6/62 Lear and Shuckburgh monuments in
the churchyard, about 34 metres
west of Church of St. Laurence
Two chest tombs of notable vicars of Downton. Mid C19. Limestone.
both of same design, two beaded rectangular panels to main sides,
chamfered flat top with inscription. Thomas Lear died 1828,
Charles Shuckburgh of The Moot, died 1833 (also see marble tablet
to him in the Lady Chapel of the Church, (q.v.) by Osmond of
Listing NGR: SU1802021628
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings