History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Elms and Attached Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Kilsby, Northamptonshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3366 / 52°20'11"N

Longitude: -1.1778 / 1°10'39"W

OS Eastings: 456119

OS Northings: 271259

OS Grid: SP561712

Mapcode National: GBR 8R2.H1N

Mapcode Global: VHCTZ.JJQN

Entry Name: The Elms and Attached Barn

Listing Date: 19 March 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1203259

English Heritage Legacy ID: 361085

Location: Kilsby, Daventry, Northamptonshire, CV23

County: Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Kilsby

Built-Up Area: Kilsby

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Kilsby St Faith

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Kilsby

Listing Text

KILSBY MIDDLE STREET
SP5671 (West side)
14/193 The Elms and attached barn
19/03/86

GV II

House. Early C18. Squared coursed ironstone and limestone, brick dentil cornice,
thatch roof, flanking brick stacks. 2 storeys and attic; 2 bays. Entrance in
right bay has frame with panelled wooden pilasters, flat moulded hood and
4-panel half-glazed door with overlight and panelled reveals. Sash window with
side lights and wood lintel to left. 3-light casement windows with wood lintels
to first floor. Coped gable ends with kneelers. Extension to right, C19, brick,
slate roof. 2 storeys; 2 bays. 3-light casement windows with wood lintels to
both floors. Interior: remodelled C19, but has chamfered spine beams. Barn
adjoining to right. Left bay now forming part of dwelling. C18. Cob on stone
plinth, corrugated iron roof, brick stack. 3 bays. 2-light casement window with
wood lintel in left bay. Interior: retains original roof structure. Extension
projecting from left side at rear, probably C19. Rear wall cob construction,
front open with square brick columns supporting corrugated iron roof. According
to the deeds, the house is said to have been built c.1742. (Information from the
owner Mr. H.T. Jackson).


Listing NGR: SP5611971259

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.