This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.4859 / 54°29'9"N
Longitude: -0.6104 / 0°36'37"W
OS Eastings: 490120
OS Northings: 510948
OS Grid: NZ901109
Mapcode National: GBR SJ5K.NQ
Mapcode Global: WHG9Y.LHKX
Entry Name: Campion Bank House
Listing Date: 4 November 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1203334
English Heritage Legacy ID: 326622
Location: Whitby, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO22
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Whitby
Built-Up Area: Whitby
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Whitby St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
1811 CHURCH STREET
(East Side )
No 51 (Campion Bank House)
NZ 9010 9/75 4.11.65.
Originally the banking house of Robert and Margaret Carmpion, founded in
1800, 2 storeys in brick and basement in stone. Renewed pantile roof.
Dormers have been renewed 2 chimneys at gable ends. Replaced eaves cornice.
4 windows, flat stone arches, replaced double-hung sashes with glazing bars.
Band continues cills. Passage door in plain pilastered architrave with
blank ornamental fanlight, moulded head with triple keystone. NWR.
Nos 44 to 51 (consec) and Seaman's Hospital form a group.
Listing NGR: NZ9012210943
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings